If you are moving a large or heavy load in the Town of Blind River that exceeds the size and weight limits in the Highway Traffic Act, you need to apply for an Oversize/Overweight Load Permit.

Apply for an Oversize/Overweight Permit

Complete the Oversize/Overweight Permit Application and submit it by mail or in-person to the Building department at:

Town of Blind River
11 Hudson St
PO Box 640
Blind River ON, P0R 1B0

With your application, please include:

  • A sketch outlining the vehicle dimensions
  • A description of your travel route


You can make payments for your Oversize/Overweight Permit Application with your completed submission at our main office or via e-transfer to etransfer@blindriver.ca. Please contact us for more information on fees.

Half load restrictions during spring thaws

We enforce half-load restrictions during the spring. In the spring, roads become softer and weaker due to excess moisture. To protect our roads from damage during this time, there is limited transport truck access and loads are limited to five tonnes per axle.

We will only grant exemptions during this time for extreme circumstances when the load is not divisible.


If you have any questions about load restrictions and permits in Blind River, please contact the Building department at 705-356-2251.

Contact Us

Subscribe to this page