DON'T FEED THE BEARS - MANAGE YOUR GARBAGEView All News
Notice to the Residents of the Town of Blind River, place garbage in containers that cannot be opened by birds and animals, place garbage, blues boxes at the curb after 6 a.m. on the day of the pick-up as per By-Law 2090.
We thank you for your understanding and co-operation.
Bears want to avoid humans. Most encounters are not aggressive and attacks are rare.
But if you feel a bear poses an immediate threat to personal safety, you need to act.
Call 911 or local police, if a bear:
• enters a school yard when school is in session
• enters or tries to enter a residence
• wanders into a public gathering
• kills livestock/pets and lingers at the site
• stalks people and lingers at the site
Call the Bear Wise reporting line at 1-866-514-2327 (April 1-November 30) if a bear is:
• roaming around, checking garbage cans
• breaking into a shed where garbage or food is stored
• in a tree
• pulling down a bird feeder or knocking over a barbecue
• moving through a backyard or field but is not lingering
DEALING WITH BEARS IN THE COMMUNITY
QUE FAIRE EN PRÉSENCE D'OURS DANS LES ZONES HABITÉES?